Friday, August 22, 2014

Pure Give Challenge - Introduction

If you're friends with me on facebook or follow me on instagram, you probably have noticed my recent obsession with Pure Barre...

Pure Barre on the road...visiting the Syracuse studio!

Months ago, the fabulous Miss Flower City Anneliese Trust told me about Pure Barre. She loves their classes, and I take her fitness recommendations seriously--she always rocks the stage looking fit and fab in swimsuit. Unfortunately, there wasn't a Pure Barre studio in Westchester at the time. That all changed when Pure Barre arrived in Bronxville back in June! I signed up for a new student special, fell in love with the challenging and effective classes, and completed thirty classes in thirty days. Tomorrow, I'll hit the 50 class mark, and my enthusiasm for lifting, toning, and burning at the barre has not waned. 

Pure Barre is great for the body, but it is also great for the soul. My studio is full of wonderful women--from our incredible teachers to the ladies joining each class I've taken. We are a diverse sisterhood and part of a larger Pure Barre Nation that encompasses the USA.

From August 22 through September 22, the Pure Barre Nation will be getting a bit competitive as each of the over 200 studios participate in the Pure Give Challenge!



Pure Barre has always been more than just a workout; it’s a lifestyle. We strive to make each of our studios an inviting and welcoming community where clients feel supported both in their fitness and overall lifestyle goals. We make each client feel important and help them to feel healthier, stronger and more confident in themselves. We also extend this network of support outside of our studio walls. The owners and teachers of our Pure Barre studios are ingrained in the fabric of their local communities and believe in giving back. 

This year, we are bringing our entire Pure Barre family together for our first ever Pure Give Challenge to raise money for worthwhile causes all over the country. Here’s how it will work: 

• Each Pure Barre studio will choose the cause and charity of their choice they want to support 

• During the months of August and September, Pure Barre studios and their fans will compete to see who can raise the most money for their cause 

• At the end of the challenge, Pure Barre Corporate will provide match the donations of the top three studios (up to $5,000 for the first place studio and up to $2500 for the 2nd and 3rd place studios) 

• There will be fun prizes and incentives announced along the way to keep the challenge fresh and exciting!

Imagine my excitement when I was told that the Bronxville studio has chosen to support My Sisters' Place this month! The Bronxville studio has a plethora of exciting events, partnerships with Bronxville merchants, and raffles planned for the month. I would love to see Pure Barre Bronxville take the top spot in this challenge as that won't mean we were only successful in raising money, but successful in raising awareness about domestic violence and the resources available for members of our community at My Sisters' Place.

I want to end this post with a personal appeal to all of you reading my blog. Whenever I have been challenged to raise funds for a cause, I often choose to make the donation myself for a few reasons. One, since I am passionate about many causes, I don't mind putting my dollars where my heart is and seeing my donations go to good use. Two, it is often easier to just make a donation than take the time to fundraise. Three, I don't ever want you, my family and friends, to feel like I am bugging you for money. Since last August, I have personally donated over $3,500 to causes that are important to me, including My Sisters' Place and the Children's Miracle Network. 

Please, join me in supporting the incredible work that My Sisters' Place is doing in Westchester County. No donation is too small--every dollar will make a difference. As a volunteer for My Sisters' Place for the past three years, I have seen so many of their dreams come to life as a result of generous donations, including the opening of a brand new residential shelter. 

Over the course of this month of giving, I will be making regular posts here on my blog to keep you up-to-date on the events Pure Barre will be hosting. I will also be sharing some stories of how local residents have personally experienced domestic violence. Most importantly, I will be providing information from My Sisters' Place to help educate and empower our community to stand up to all forms of abuse. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs