Friday, August 15, 2014

Miracle Treat Day

I love ice cream, y'all. I have since I was a child--in spite of a lifelong dairy intolerance! It is the one dairy food that I am willing to bend the rules and enjoy in small doses...or, one day a year, in a large cup! That's right...I'm talking about Miracle Treat Day.


Each summer, Dairy Queens nationwide dedicate a day to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, and donate $1 (or more, in some cases) from each Blizzard sold to their local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. While there is no Dairy Queen in Westchester County (they REALLY need to change that!), there is a Dairy Queen a short drive away in Stamford, Connecticut, that I ventured out to last night.

I wasn't the only person in the mood for a treat!

Enjoying my mint-Oreo Blizzard. It was delicious!

The cherry on top of this sundae of a day? 2014 marks a very exciting milestone for Dairy Queen and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals: their 30th year of collaboration! To date, $100 million has been raised in support of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals across North America. That includes the local hospitals supported by the Children's Miracle Network in Connecticut: Maria Fareri Children's Hospital at Westchester Medical Center and Connecticut Children's Medical Center! I was so glad to support this cause, which is special to me as a healthcare worker and as a Miss America Organization local titleholder.

Speaking of Miracle Treat Day, here is a flashback Friday photo from my year as Miss Westchester 2012. This weekend, the Miss Westchester and Hudson Valley pageants are celebrating their 5th anniversary. I can't wait to see who will be joining the sisterhood!

With two of my favorite people, well, ever--Jackie, Miss Westchester Teen 2012 and Megan, Miss Hudson Valley 2012.

P.S. - If you missed Miracle Treat Day but would still like to make a donation to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, click here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs