Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Journey to Miss New York - Photo Fun!

I love sharing my experiences as Miss Empire Star with you here on my blog. One very exciting aspect of being a local titleholder is the opportunity to compete for the title of Miss New York in May. Over the next few weeks, I thought I would share some of the preparation process with you here on my blog. Pageant prep is often very secretive, with people not wanting to share with the world exactly how they're getting ready to compete. I'd much rather share as much of this journey with you as possible, while keeping a few secrets to surprise you with come pageant week!

Today, I have some fabulous photos to share with you from my Miss New York headshot shoot with Claire Buffie. Claire is a former Miss New York, so she has an eye for creating the perfect competition headshot! I had such a wonderful time shooting with her, and I left my shoot knowing that I'd have many fantastic images to choose from. I was right--I had SUCH a hard time narrowing down what pictures I wanted to have copies of to use throughout my year of service. I also absolutely adored the way my hair and makeup looked, thanks to the talent Raedawn Johnson. Here are a few of my favorites! 




I hope you enjoy this series of posts. I'll be taking you behind the scenes as I prepare for the swimsuit competition, design a custom talent gown, finalize my Miss New York packing list, and more! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs