Monday, August 4, 2014

Miss Central New York 2015

I can hardly believe that the Miss New York 2015 pageant season has officially started! It feels like just yesterday that I was preparing to kick off my local pageant journey by competing at Miss Thousand Islands 2014. While I'm no longer eligible to compete in the Miss America Organization (I turn twenty-four at the end of the month...eek!), I was still beyond excited for the Miss Central New York 2015 pageant, which took place this past Saturday in Syracuse, New York.

One of the reasons for my excitement was the invitation extended to me by the Miss Central New York directors, Corri and Amy, to co-host the show! The theme of the show was Cultural Diversity, embracing Miss America Nina Davuluri's platform. Corri and Amy did an amazing job of picking music from around the world to play throughout the program--it was so fun!

With my lovely co-host and friend Bianca, the reigning Miss Syracuse International

The show kicked off at 7 PM, and boy was the audience in for a treat! The eight contestants vying for the title were all gracious, well-spoken, and talented. It was probably the most diverse pageant, in terms of talents, that I've attended. We saw ballet, clogging, Irish step dance, artwork, parkour, broadway-style vocals, piano, and flute. How awesome is that lineup?!

The new Miss Central New York's Outstanding Teen, Colleen!

While the search was on for a new Miss Central New York, the audience was introduced to the new Miss Central New York's Outstanding Teen, Colleen Denmon. She performed a jazz dance for the crowd and also took the stage in active wear and evening gown. In addition, she answered an on-stage question and wowed everyone with her poise. Fun fact--Colleen manages one of the most popular Miss America facebook pages out there--Miss A Unlimited. Check it out!

After all of the areas of competition were complete, it was time to say goodbye to the 2014 Central New York titleholders. It was a bittersweet moment. Courtney (Miss CNY) and Libby (Miss CNYOT) were the inaugural titleholders for the organization, and they made everyone proud this year with their commitment to the four points of the Miss America crown: service, style, scholarship, and success. I feel so fortunate to count these two young women as friends, and I cannot wait to continue to follow their pageant journeys.

Finally, the time came to crown a new Miss Central New York and her court.

3 RU - Dannah Laguitan 
2 RU - Lauren Crandall
1 RU - Lauren Molella
and the new Miss Central New York...Katelynn Smith!

Katelynn and I

I was so happy to see my Empire sister, Katelynn, take home the Miss Central New York crown. This will be Katelynn's fourth and final trip to the Miss New York pageant. I know that she is going to be an excellent titleholder (her track record of excellence speaks for itself) and that she will impress the judges next May with the unique energy that she brings to each phase of competition.

It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but I enjoyed every minute of being a part of the Miss Central New York pageant family. Thank you so much for welcoming me as a host! It was also so wonderful to see so many of my Miss New York sisters in the audience. 


Well, it's time for me to get back to work, because before I know it, I'll be hitting the road again for the next local pageant of the 2015 season! That's right...Miss Thousand Islands will be taking place this weekend, on Saturday August 9. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs