Monday, April 7, 2014

Workshop Weekend

Hello, everyone! I can't believe that Miss New York Workshop was this past weekend. It makes the fact that the pageant is just a few short weeks away that much more real to me. When I think back over the local season and the hard work and effort I put in for months to have my chance to be a local titleholder, I feel so grateful to have this incredible opportunity.

The Miss New York Class of 2014

I drove down to Staten Island Friday night. Even though it's just an hour drive from my house, I didn't want to have to wake up super-early to get ready for workshop on Saturday. I'm glad I made that decision, because workshop was an incredibly busy day! It was so great to see my Miss New York sisters. One of the positive aspects of competing at 5 local pageants this year is that I had the chance to meet almost all of the girls who will be competing at Miss New York long before workshop!

In addition to catching up, the contestants were also given our pageant week schedule, a breakdown of the production this year (audience, you're in for a surprise), and advice from Miss New York 2013, Amanda Mason. Amanda also had a very sweet surprise for all of us--our very own Poochie & Co purses!

Please ignore how strange I look in this photo, and focus on the adorable pups instead!

We also participated in a lottery to determine our contestant order for pageant weekend. All in all, it was a great day, and I am looking forward to representing my community and the Empire Star title as Contestant #12 at Miss New York 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs