Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fashion Show to End Lupus

This past Saturday, I had the chance to model in the American Nation Pageant's Fashion Show to End Lupus. This was their 3rd Annual Life Over Lupus benefit, and over $300 to fund lupus support, awareness, and research programs was raised!

Taking a moment to pose with some fabulous pageant sisters before the show started!

Something that made this show extra-special was the huge group of pageant queens that came together to walk the runway. There were SO many different pageant systems represented! It was so encouraging to be part of such a strong sisterhood. 

With Amanda, Miss New York American Nation!

We each had the chance to model casual wear, swimwear, and evening wear. For evening wear, I chose to wear my talent gown from Miss New York. It is one of my favorite gowns ever, which is funny because it was actually my backup gown! I love the floral print and wish that I could wear it everywhere. Everywhere. I also pulled my oldest pageant swimsuit out of my closet to rock the runway with. 


At the end of the show, a Queen for Life was crowned! This was a special surprised planned by the fashion show directors. Miss Queen for Life 2014 Monique Molloway has lupus, and seeing her crowned was a wonderful reminder of why we all were there. In spite of the challenges that lupus has brought her way, she wore a huge smile and was such an inspiration!

Picture from the wonderful Ms. New York American Nation, Pam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs