Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Team MSP - North Avenue Mile & Future Races!

After months of planning and blogging about Team MSP, I finally ran my first race in support of My Sisters' Place on Saturday! I chose the perfect race to get back into the running game--The North Avenue Mile, a fun run designed for competitive runners and families alike.

My sister, Shannon, and me at the starting line! I'm so glad to have her home for the summer!

This was Team MSP's second official race, and we had a great group of My Sisters' Place supporters on hand. We all donned our fabulous purple jerseys and set out to have fun while raising awareness about domestic violence. 

Team MSP, ready to run!

It was the perfect day for a run--warm, but not muggy, and sunny without being too hot. The family race kicked off at 9 AM. My sister and I took a leisurely approach--we walked the first quarter mile, ran the second, walked the third, and finished strong by running the remainder. With absolutely no training going into this, we were more than happy with our 13-minute finish. Plus, I figure the longer it took us on the road, the more people would see our jerseys and learn about My Sisters' Place :)

At the finish line, there was a small family festival with tables featuring local fitness clubs, business clubs, and even--you guessed it--My Sisters' Place!

Trying to avoid getting sweat on the sash!

More than a few runners stopped by the table to learn more about My Sisters' Place. We even got asked if our jerseys were for sale! And speaking of our jerseys, I want to take a moment to acknowledge the wonderful sponsors who have helped to launch the Team MSP initiative:


The most exciting thing about this race? It's just the beginning of an incredible journey for Team MSP! We have two more official races scheduled for the year: the Westchester Super Sprint Triathlon in September and the Run the Farm 5 Mile Trail Race in October. 

I am SO looking forward to the coming months. I can't wait to see Team MSP grow! Keep an eye on this blog for some fun surprises--including race entry giveaways, sponsor updates, special events, and more! Are YOU ready to #MoveForChange?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs