Wednesday, May 7, 2014

OMG...How Come This Site Didn't Exist 10 Years Ago?!

In 2012, I had the unique opportunity to "sit" (virtually) on the advisory board for girl-karma.com, a lifestyle website where girls could find tons of beauty and life advice tailored specifically to their needs. I loved girl-karma, because it provided a SUPPORTIVE network for girls to connect online. Unlike many social media platforms where bullying is prevalent, girl-karma was genuinely committed to providing a safe haven dedicated to self-love and growth.

Though I no longer serve on the advisory board, I have kept up with girl-karma because I believe in its mission. girl-karma.com was recently rebranded, and I love the new site, omghow.com, already! One of the most popular areas of the former girl-karma site was a 'Questions' section where girls could ask questions and have them answered by their peers. omghow.com is exclusively dedicated to providing girls with "How-Tos" on a huge variety of subjects, from how to make bananas last longer to how to write a love letter.


Isn't the website design awesome?

I recently decided to try my hand at writing my very own "how-to"...


It was incredibly easy to write, and I hope that it helps out teenage girls who are interested in pageantry, but don't know where to start when it comes to competing. I am currently in the process of writing a few more "how-tos" to submit to the site. They're going to address healthy dating tips, a topic that can be hard to talk about with your parents or even your peers. My platform, L8ER H8ER: Saying Goodbye to Teen Dating Violence is all about harnessing the power of social media to spread the word about healthy relationships and get teens talking about a topic that is often seen as taboo.

If you're a young woman looking for advice, or a young woman who already knows the ropes about a topic and wants to share her knowledge with others, I recommend you give omghow.com a try. I really wish this website was in existence when I was thirteen--it would have saved me a lot of youthful angst over uncertainties I had at the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs