Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Miss New York Day 2 - Photo Dump & Quick Updates!


Hello once again from Staten Island! It was another busy day for the Miss New York 2014 contestants. I've been awake and on the go since 7 AM, which is typical for me on a work day. What isn't typical is being in rehearsal until 9 PM! We spent the entire day learning production numbers and walking patterns that we will proudly put on display for Friday night's prelims and Saturday night's finals. We also had the chance to visit the Eger Harbor House, a retirement community here on Staten Island. They treated us to a delicious lunch (I feasted on grilled chicken...and a few chocolate chip cookies, shh!) and then we spent some time visiting with the residents there. I even had the chance to perform a shortened version of my talent song for them! 

Tomorrow will be another long day of rehearsals, including a full run through in our pageant wardrobes. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's outfits, especially the evening gowns. I'm always impressed by the sparkle and style my friends bring to the stage!

Photos from Staten Island Live:

With Gloria, who made each of us a beautiful bracelet. Thank you, Gloria!

Showing off our bracelets!

The Eger House even had these posters made for us. So sweet!

Andddd they decorated their BINGO hall for us to dine in.

With Mary, an 101-year-old resident at Eger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs