Saturday, March 8, 2014

National Pancake Day

It's no big secret. I LOVE IHOP. I've loved IHOP for as long as I can remember. I used to beg my mother to bring me to breakfast there before class in elementary school. It rarely happened. Thankfully, I'm now old enough to drive there myself to get my pancake fix anytime.

One of the most exciting parts about being a Miss America local titleholder is the partnership that MAO has with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. There are ten CMN Hospitals that care for children from New York, and two that I'm looking forward to working with this year are the Maria Fareri Children's Hospital in Valhalla and Albany Medical Center Children's Hospital. I've raised funds for CMN through my personal fundraising page, but this was my first chance to serve at a local IHOP on National Pancake Day. On National Pancake Day, IHOP guests are treated to a free short stack of pancakes, and encouraged to leave a donation for CMN. My job as Miss Empire Star this past Tuesday was to encourage guests to support this worthy cause.


I had a wonderful time speaking to restaurant patrons, taking photos with some sweet children, and raising $50 in less than an hour (those $1 donations add up fast!) The one thing I didn't do? Devour a short stack. It was so busy that I didn't have the chance!

I hope you enjoy these fun photos from the evening! Did you visit your local IHOP for National Pancake Day?

Making the pitch for donations

This little fashionista was SUCH a sweetheart

Some of the generous donors in Yonkers

You know you have a great pageant sister (& a great friend in her real sister!) when they travel hours to watch you compete, and stop by a packed IHOP just to say "hi!" and make a donation

Made a connection with Sharon, who will be competing at the NY Rose of Tralee Pageant in April

The little one I'm holding here came over on her own to make a donation, then introduced me to her friends

Her brother was treated by Maria Fareri Children's Hospital, and every year she visits our local IHOPS to raise funds for CMN--so inspiring



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs