Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Wonderful Wednesday

Typically, my Wednesdays are not all that exciting. I'll be honest-- it's usually the hardest day of the week to get through! However, yesterday was a very busy and productive Wednesday for me. Here's why:
  • I had the chance to connect by phone with the two Children's Miracle Network Hospitals I'll be working with this year - Albany Medical Center's Children's Hospital and Maria Ferari Children's Hospital. I'll be visiting Albany Medical's Children's Hospital in May (once flu season is over) and Maria Ferari in the coming weeks, hopefully during one of their ice cream socials. Yum! I also ordered rolls of stickers to bring with me on my visits. I wanted to find something that children hospitalized for various reasons could enjoy. I worried that some children wouldn't be able to accept toys or something like a necklace depending on their condition. The stickers are all stars, to represent Miss Empire Star, but more importantly that all of the children I'll be visiting are superstars in their own way!
  • All of my stationary has arrived! I have notecards, mailing labels, envelope seals, and business cards all ready to go. Thank you to Curio Press, who designed my stationary. Alexis was a pleasure to work with, customizing some designs for me so that they turned out exactly how I envisioned them. I highly recommend her shop! I love supporting small businesses, especially ones that provide such beautiful handmade products.
Isn't everything beautiful? I'm in love!
  • I'm excited to join forces with the March of Dimes Westchester Chapter for their annual March for Babies in April. The March of Dimes is very special to me, as I was an intern for them before being hired as a research consultant at their National Office. I've witnessed firsthand the passion their team has for preventing prematurity. The March for Babies will raise funds that support future research initiatives and other programs, including those supporting NICU families. I'll be posting soon about ways you can join me in White Plains on walk day!
  • Perhaps the most fun part of my day was heading to Neiman Marcus to support Miss New York Amanda Mason and Miss Connecticut Kaitlyn Tarpey at a Spring Shape-up fashion event! Donations were being made to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, Bar Method of Rye Brook was there to giveaway classes and do a few demos, and a local juicery was sampling some delicious fresh juices. I was even able to pick up some fantastic tops and dresses for upcoming appearances. 
Amanda (Miss NY), Me, & Kaitlyn (Miss CT) at Neiman Marcus
  • Speaking of upcoming events, this weekend promises to be very busy. I'll be having my Miss New York head shots taken, working on talent selection, and heading upstate to Cortland for the last local pageant of the season, a statewide sweeper. I can't wait to support all of the lovely ladies competing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs