Friday, November 14, 2014

Kids & Crowns

You know those events that are so awesome and you're so busy that you don't have time to take as many pictures as you like? I've had two of those in the past week: the Miss Syracuse Triple Crown Pageant and the Westchester Children's Association Centennial Benefit. Here's a quick recap of both events!

Miss Syracuse


Anastasia Harisis was crowned Miss Salt City 2015, Willa Hahn was crowned Miss Erie Canal 2015, and Anneliese Trust was crowned Miss Syracuse 2015! I was particularly excited for Anastasia, as we competed locally together last year and I would have loved to have the chance to compete alongside her at Miss NY. She is insanely talented and I can't wait to see her rock the stage this year. I was ecstatic to see Anneliese take the Miss Syracuse crown, as I know that she is going to represent her city with style and grace this year. She is one of my favorite pageant sisters ever, has an awesome sense of humor, AND she introduced me to Pure Barre. Enough said.


Emma Silen was officially crowned as Miss New York State Fair 2015 and Kristina King was officially cornwed as Miss Central Square Apple Festival 2015. I had the chance to get to know both of these lovely ladies at Miss Syracuse last year, and I couldn't be happier to see them have the chance to compete at Miss New York 2015! Before they were even told they would have the chance to take their festival titles to the state level, they hit the ground running making appearances in their community and promoting their platforms. Keep rocking it, ladies!

It was bittersweet to see my friends Nina, Adrienne, and Caitlin pass on their tiles. They were three of my absolute favorite people to spend time with at Miss New York. I honestly don't think I would have made it through the week without them! Special congratulations go out to Caitlin, whose boyfriend proposed as soon as the pageant was over! Wishing all of these ladies all of the best in the future.

WCA Centennial Benefit


For the past three years, I have volunteered at the Westchester Children's Association annual benefit dinner. This year's dinner was particularly special, as it marked their 100th year of working to ensure that every Westchester child is "healthy, safe and prepared for life's challenges." Their work is truly remarkable and encompasses so many areas, from supporting shelter for teens in crisis to creating a playroom for children attending court with their parents and so, SO much more. The dinner celebrated their success and also worked to raise awareness and support for the future.


I love that as the holidays approach, my calendar is filling up with fun appearances statewide. I'll be sure to keep you all updated!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs