Monday, October 13, 2014

Miss Queens 2015

After a short break in September, the Miss New York 2015 local pageant season resumed on Sunday, October 12 with the crowning of a new Miss Queens! This was a particularly exciting pageant to attend, as it was the first year for a new Queens Board of Director and the start of a great legacy for the borough. 


6 young women from Queens and Long Island competed in interview, lifestyle and fitness in swimsuit, talent, evening gown, and on-stage question. The show was fast-paced and entertaining. For the second time at a local pageant I've attended this season, all of the talents were different! I love when this happens, especially when it introduces me to new types of talent presentations that I haven't seen before. The Queens pageant featured a hula hoop performance, lyrical dance, spoken word performance, Haitian dance, tap dance, and dramatic monologue. 


I even had the chance to entertain the crowd with a rendition of "Don't Rain on My Parade!" One thing the Miss America Organization has helped me overcome is my stage fright when performing a song in front of a crowd. In spite agreeing to sing at the last minute, I enjoyed myself and didn't stress out over having a flawless performance.

After a brief intermission, it was time for crowning!

2RU: Tiffany Farrell
1RU: Catherine Manett
and your Miss Queens 2015...

Dieusita Jean!

Dieusita had a natural grace on stage, got the crowd going during her talent, and was extremely well spoken! I know she will do an incredible job representing Queens this year.


One fun part of the evening was reconnecting with some of my Miss NY 2014 sisters! It was so nice to catch up with Claudette and Jillian. Claudette continues to succeed in law school and make many appearances to support her community and platform, and Jillian has hit the ground running as our new Miss New York! Can you believe that just a few hours before the Miss Queens pageant, she was giving a TV interview in Syracuse? They are both such pageant rock stars. 

I'm so glad to have attended the Miss Queens pageant, and can't wait to follow Dieusita's year of service. Congratulations to the entire Miss Queens Organization on a wonderful first pageant!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs