Sunday, March 8, 2015

What's Next?!

While this chapter of my life has come to a close, the time has come to start a new one. One of the questions I've been asked a lot recently is, "What's next?!" Well, a few things...

I'm going to begin to blog regularly at Sweatsational, my fitness blog. Fitness has become a huge passion of mine throughout my journey through pageantry. I learned so much about creating a healthy lifestyle, and I'm excited to share some of that information on my blog while learning more about aspects of fitness I'm not familiar with.


I've put graduate school on hold. With a year of full-time work in the public health field under my belt, I'm finally able to truly articulate what my passions are and pinpoint just what it is I'd like to do with the rest of my life. For now, the plan to making my dreams a reality doesn't include grad school. I'm really excited to start taking baby steps forward towards (hopefully) becoming an entrepreneur in the future.


At the moment, I don't have any concrete plans to continue competing in pageants. That may change in the future! I will, however, be staying involved in the Miss America system by supporting my friends who are still competing and managing the Empire Pageants website.


I will continue my volunteer work, particularly with My Sisters' Place, Girl AGain, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.


I should be receiving my Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award later this spring, as part of the New York Metropolitan Area Duke of Edinburgh Fellows program.


And of course, I'll also be spending lots of time relaxing on the couch (sweatpants, hair tied, chilling with no makeup on style) with Duke, my adorable golden lab.

Look out world, here I come!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs