Thursday, September 25, 2014

Madison Avenue Street Fair!

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of joining my lovely director, Miss Janet, at the Madison Avenue Street Fair in Albany!

Janet and I at the fair -- it was an absolutely beautiful day!

Miss Janet, a former Rockette, teaches dance classes at local community centers. On Sunday, her "Timeless Tappers" were performing a number of dance routines at the fair. Four of her performers were able to make it out, and they wowed the crowd with their numbers. People were cheering, and children were dancing around! It is clear to see how much they love dance and the time and effort they have put in to perfecting their technique. Next weekend, they'll be performing at a show in New Jersey and I'm hoping to make it out to cheer them on!




I had the pleasure of hosting their performance alongside Miss Janet, and singing for the crowd. I chose to perform "Don't Rain on My Parade" and was truly touched when several people approached me afterwards to say they enjoyed the song. Singing has really been a major hurdle for me this year as I've competed in the Miss America system, and I'm glad my persistence and practice is paying off!


After the show, Miss Janet and I enjoyed walking around the fair and connecting with the community members in attendance!

Miss Janet and the Timeless Tappers

At the Albany Historical Society Table

Shopping with the Hudson River Shop

With an awesome poster of historical Albany landmarks!


Miss Janet and I headed to the Colonie Center after the fair for lunch together. She took me to Boscov's, a store with an important connection to the Empire pageant! For years, the Miss Empire Rose pageant was held in the store's auditorium, and the first Miss Empire Star, Laurie Jean Britton, was crowned here! It was so fun to learn more about the wonderful local organization that I am so honored to represent this year.


Overall, it was a great way to spend my Sunday, and I'm looking forward to returning to Albany soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs